woman of the month!




















Ella Fitzgerald

Ella Fitzgerald was born in 1917 and was raised in New York, in her lifetime, she won 13 Grammy awards and sold over 40 million albums.
Her nickname was "The First Lady of Song," and she was the most popular female jazz singer in the United States for more than half a century.
By the age of 21 she was famous, everyone loving her sweet jazz and sultry voice. She recorded a version of the nursery rhyme, "A-Tisket, A-Tasket” and the album sold 1 million copies!
In 1987, United States President Ronald Reagan awarded her the National Medal of Arts.
Her second marriage was to famous bass player Ray Brown, with whom she adopted a son they called Ray Brown Jnr. Ray Brown Jnr was actually the son of Ella’s half sister Frances.
Diabetes effected her eyesight and resulted in her having both legs amputated in 1993. She later died from the disease in 1996 at the age of 79.


A Foggy Day - Ella Fitzgerald

I was a stranger in the city
Out of town were the people I knew
I had that feeling of self-pity
What to do, what to do, what to do
The outlook was decidedly blue

But as I walked through the foggy streets alone
It turned out to be the luckiest day I’ve known

A foggy day, in london town
Had me low, had me down
I viewed the morning, with much alarm
British museum, had lost it’s charm

How long I wondered,
Could this thing last
But the age of miracles, hadn’t past
For suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy london town,
The sun was shining everywhere

For suddenly, I saw you there
And through foggy london town,
The sun was shining everywhere

Everywhere
Everywhere
Everywhere

Comments

Popular Posts